"I had a double mastectomy almost one month ago. I am doing the wall exercise and moving my arm around in circles. Does anyone know any other safe exercises that may help?" - member of MyBCTeam
On MyBCTeam, the social network and online support group for women facing breast cancer, members talk about a range of personal experiences and struggles. Staying active is one of the top 10 topics most discussed.
Here are a few question-and-answer threads about staying active:
• I am trying to exercise a half hour daily to fight the fatigue, but maybe I am making things worse?
• I am wondering if I should be doing arm exercises or continue to wait until my drain is removed?
• What are some exercises for osteoporosis?
Here are some conversations about staying active:
• A member is wondering if anyone else lifts weights for exercise.
• A member shares she would love to be able to walk and exercise without being in pain or completely out of breath.
• A member shares how her daughter got her a Fitbit for her birthday.
Can you relate?
Have another topic you'd like to discuss or explore? Go to MyBCTeam today and start the conversation. You'll be surprised just how many others may share similar stories.
Feel free to ask a question here.