I am size 16 and having a hard time deciding on staying flat or getting reconstruction. I'm a 38 g and I don't want to go back there. But not sure if flat is good. What to do
I was a 38 DDD before my bilateral last July and chose NOT to have reconstruction. There was more a risk of complications because I had breast cancer 14 yrs ago along with chemo and radiation and the tissue was severely damaged from that radiation. I am glad I chose not to have reconstruction because now I can sleep on my stomach comfortably for the first time in over 48 yrs, run after my grandchildren comfortably and wear my prosthesis or not ( never realized how sweaty bras were). To each his own but I am happy with my choice.
I was large breasted,a 40g prior to my double mastectomy. We were able to save a great deal of skin, and I have expanders in that we have not really filled much yet. I keep getting asked how big I will go. I think the upside of expanders is, you kind of get to "try out" smaller sizes. I am aiming for a d cup but who knows. I may get to c and decide it's big enough. My personal thought is, go with the expanders if you can, that way you you still have both options available. It is a very hard and very personal decision.
Reconstruction is a personal decision. If you choose reconstruction you can choose the size of the implant. I'm overweight and my cup size after reconstruction is a C.
only you can make that decision. I agree with linae
I had large breasts and had skin stretchers put in immediately at mastectomy. Then dr slowly filled them until I was happy with size. Basically I went from a DD to a D.