I’ve been on it for 4 months and I’m having anxiety from the side affects and the thought of what can happen . I am on 20 mg and was thinking of lowering it but haven’t spoken to my oncologist yet . My oncho type score was a 22 so I’m not sure my doc will allow it
Looking for info on breast cancer treatment related to DES babies. My moms came back in the middle of chemo and I just had a double mastectomy in April now taking anastrozole when I ask if it works against DES cancer they look at me like I’m an alien
I am scheduled for a total hysterectomy at the end of October. I have already had a double mastectomy with tissue expanders. Out of the two surgeries, which one was the worst? Thank y'all
I just received the results of a bone density scan. The results shown that I have osteoporosis at 59 years old. My doctor would like me to begin injections every 6 months to improve my bone density along with a daily yogurt and well absorbing calcium supplements. I had 4 rounds of chemo that ended in April and began a daily Lexitrole pilli immediately after.
Has anyone experienced accelerated bone loss after chemo and during estrogen reducing… read more
Im 5 days out from bilateral mastectomy with implants. I have minimal bruising but my breasts are super lumpy and bumpy. Like a crumpled up wad of paper under the skin. Is this normal?also they seem so high up. When do they start to smooth out? Do they drop natually at all?
It's been 11 years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer and still in remission. I was tested positive in 2016 for BRAC 1 cancer gene. I was told I had a 81% chance af returning cancer. I double mastectomy and had to have 7 surgeries Nov 2016 to April 2017. I had radiation in when I was going treatments 11 yrs ago. Radiation therapy is good then but bad years later. My surgical wound on my right breast would not close. On the last surgery the doctors us wound vac and home health to finally heal.
I… read more
I notice a lot of ladies in here with lcis seem to become invasive within 2 years of diagnosis
So far I have 'only' been diagnosed with LCIS, so I haven't said anything yet. My plan was to wait until there were 'obvious' changes - hospital stay/surgery etc The 'danger' is obviously the more adults find out, kids can overhear something etc
I am considering having a balancing / breast lift on my remaining breast. I like the idea of my breasts looking more similar, but I am concerned about the 10-15% chance of losing sensation in the remaining breast. Has anyone else made this decision and what helped you decide either way? How did it turn out?